Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm SO graceful!

Those of you who know me, know that I am not a graceful person. I tend to trip and run into things on a regular basis. Well, pregnancy has made it slightly worse! HAHA! I seem to have unbalanced/clumsy moments more frequently. Thankfully I can laugh at myself when these things occur. Here are a few highlights from my life.

Not Pregnant highlights:
1. I fell out of the shower and pulled the curtain off the rod with me!
2. I have frequently misjudged door frames and practically taken off my shoulder.
3. I have fallen down and up stairs on multiple occasions.
4. I have opened the car door into my head.
5. I have opened the bathroom door into my face.
6. I have fallen out of doors.
7. I'm sure there are even more, but they have probably caused brain damage so I can't remember them!

Pregnant highlights:
1. I was about to get into the shower (a dangerous thing for me) when Chad opened the door. I jumped back and landed with my right foot on the hairdryer plug and then almost fell forward out of pain.
2. I have a sizable bruise on my forearm from somehow whacking it on the corner of the dresser, which is not at the correct height to hit my forearm so it's a mystery.
3. I have almost knocked the wind out of me by opening the fridge door into my growing belly.
4. I have started to get out of bed to just fall back into bed for no apparent reason except my lack of balance.
5. I have knocked over my water glass on my nightstand numerous times.
6. I have rolled over in bed and hit my head on the nightstand.
7. I have begun dropping things very frequently and gotten skilled at using my feet to pick them up...sometimes just about falling over.

These are the ones I can remember...If you can remember more feel free to add a comment about it! Or leave a comment with an unbalanced moment of your own.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I always had to laugh at your look of panic anytime I was about to toss anything in your direction...

Patty said...

This is me!! I am so clumsy myself! When Josh and I went to NYC last year, I tripped and fell over a very large suitcase. He was scared cause my head was headed right in the direction of a very sharp-cornered dresser. He dared not laugh until he hard me giggling uncontrollably on the ground. He still laughs when he thinks about it. I usually trip over the same things in a room two and three times or more.

ryan said...

i used to have this really cool robot arm pincher thing toy...

when my mom was pregnant with my brother steven she stole it from me and used it to pick up dirty laundry and stuff on the floor.

you should probably get one... you'll find it in the store aisle for old people, pregnant ladies, and kids that love robot arms that can help them reach the cookie jar.