Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

3 dogs - 1 dog = 2 dogs


Currently we have 3 dogs in our house (picture is of them all napping)...and all are inside dogs (NC is not cool enough for outside dogs in my opinion). For those of you who don't know...Chad and I live with my parents ...don't feel sorry for us because it works out great and it's actually a lot of fun!

We have Snoops, the very old black and white bassett hound. She is the family dog that my family got as a puppy a long time ago. She sleeps a lot and doesn't do much else!

We have Sammy, the little brown Pugle (mix between a Pug and a Beagle). He was given to my parents for them to find him a good home. The previous owners moved and couldn't take him with them. He's been with my parents for a while now. He plays/irriatates the other dog Morgan.

We have Morgan, the brindle and white Basenji/something mix. She is Chad and my dog who moved out here with us from Oregon. She will tolerate Snoops as long as Snoops is sleeping. She will play with Sammy on her terms and growl at Sammy the rest of the time.

Well, we finally found Sammy a great home! He will be going to live with Brian soon. Brian is the most awesome Scottish man I have ever met. He is a bit older than my parents. He met my dad at a cigar shop and my dad and him became good friends. The few times that Brian has been over for dinner he has mentioned that he'd like to get a small dog. His miniature schnauzer died a year or two ago. He has also fallen in love with Sammy. So we all decided that we should give Sammy to him. I really think this will be good for everyone. Sammy will get to be the top dog, since there aren't any other dogs at Brian's house. Brian will let Sammy up on the furniture and I know that Brian will love Sammy like crazy! Plus, Snoops won't have to share a bed with Sammy anymore. And Morgan will be less stressed out, since she is very territorial and Sammy likes to steal her toys and food...which leads to dog fighting! I'm looking forward to hearing how sammy takes to his new home and owner...I think it's a perfect match!

So very soon our house will become a 2 dog house and Brian will have the joy of a dog again!

0 comments: