Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

3 Months old and a favorite recipe!

Jacob is 3 months old today! He has started to laugh and be a little ticklish. It's so cute. He is getting more and more vocal. I think he will talking my ear off before I know it!

Here is a favorite recipe of mine that I was introduced in Africa, but when I got back to the states I realized that it was all in the metric system so I had to convert it and play with a little before I got it right. It's simple and yummy. It's for Homemade granola...I think it's tastes like oatmeal cookies.

3 1/3 cups of oats (old fashioned, not quick oats)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar (I use granulated fructose)
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp. of softened butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl add ingredients in order listed. With a dough blender or hand knead in butter...it will be a little clumpy. Spread on a cookie sheet or 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes and stir. Bake for another 8 minutes and stir. Keep this up until golden brown.

Put on applesauce, yogurt, ice cream, or eat plain. Can add raisins or dried fruit.

My favorite is on homemade applesauce.

1 comments:

judy said...

Happy 3 monthday (& 2 days) to you, happy 3 monthday to you....LOVE YOU!