Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

non-conformist

I am typically a non-conformist. I don't usually go with what is popular to do, unless I happen to seriously agree with it and even then part of me doesn't like it. I tend to not listen to the most popular music at the time. I don't know that I've ever worn clothes that match the latest fashion trends. I've never seen the movie "Titanic"...Josh should be proud of this. I've never seen "The Passion of the Christ" (the reasoning behind this is a whole long thing and please don't comment on how I really need to or should see it). I rarely did the normal college things that college students do...my free time wasn't spent at a sporting event or a party...I was either studying, hanging out with the Japanese students, going to bed at 9pm, or many many other odd things that occurred in college. I struggle greatly with traditional church and church programs. I will always go the back way somewhere and avoid major roads if I can. I'm a strange person.

But I am conforming a little...I have never read a New York Times Bestseller and here I am heading into the 4th chapter of "The Shack". My Aunt Patty and cousin Beth told me about it and then my dad read it. When my dad reads a book and then looks me in the eye and tells me to read it...I tend to read it. I at least try. So I'm reading a bestseller. I will let you know what I think.

By the way there are several books that I wish had been bestsellers so people would read them!

Jake update: He is cooing and "talking" a lot. He is playing/batting toys. He smiles a lot. He is great. He has a Dr. appointment tomorrow and gets shots...I'm not looking forward to that!

Ok...it's time to give him his bottle!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's right! Don't conform! :)

Thanks for the blog posts... it was really fun over there! Distances are lame, huh? We checked into plane flights over to you guys for this coming 3-day MLK weekend, but they're a little out of our price range, especially after Christmas. :( Maybe some other time....

PS - let me know what you think of the Shack... I might try to read it sometime. :)

Rachel said...

Haha! I just wanted to let you know that besides his truck, Mark drives a '99 Buick Century- it's totally old school- but it's good on gas and the stroller fits great...here's to the FREE old people's cars!