Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random things

Here are some random things for an update...

1. This past Tuesday we had an appointment with a lactation consultant just to make sure things were going well. And things are very well! At a week old Jake was beyond his birth weight! AMAZING! Apparently, I have an incredible milk supply so he's getting a lot. Not to mention he is an aggressive eater (which can be a little painful for me!).

2. Also, at the appointment Jake's umbilical cord stump fell off! We might attempt a real bath today!

3. We did have to give him a sponge bath on Monday evening because during a diaper change he peed...on his head! He hated the sponge bath! He actually pees a lot during diaper changes and now we have perfected putting a washcloth over him so he doesn't shoot us!

4. He's been on 2 walks in his stroller and loves it...he falls right to sleep. He also passes out in in the car.

5. Recovery from my long labor and delivery is slow.

6. My brother is coming tomorrow to meet his nephew! I'm so excited!

7. My parents are great and are helping so much with Jake and Chad and I getting a little extra sleep!

8. I'm not happy with the election results, but God is in control.

And some pics from yesterday....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

He is SOO precious!

p.s. I am not happy with the election rusults either!

Josh said...

Wow, such a cute kid. We are gonna need to get him some Pittsburgh sports stuff, aren't we? Like Pitt, or Steelers, or Pirates. I also volunteer all my knowledge of the Pirates because we need to start building a new generation of fans.

I got your voicemail. You can just email me, or call when you get a chance and if I'm available I'll answer. I'll text you my email address.

B.W. said...

what a stud!!?!!


awkward about your incredible milk supply tho!!!

Unknown said...

Seriously... who's ever heard of a "lactation consultant"? :)

Man, that little bloke's got a lot of hair, eh? So CUTE!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date with pictures!!!