Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NC Baby Shower


My mom, Cyndie, and Kristen threw me a baby shower this past Saturday. It was so much fun and such a blessing. There were people there from my church in New Jersey who have moved to North Carolina, people from my first church in NC, people from high school, people from my church now, and a few people from some random places! The above picture is of Me, Melissa, and Autumn. We are high school classmates and have traveled to New Mexico, Holland, and Colorado together. Melissa is an amazing friend and even though we struggle to get together with our busy schedules, when we do get together it's like no time has past! Autumn is due with her 3rd child a week after me. She has been a great friend and has offered me invaluable advice about pregnancy, labor, and motherhood.

The best part of the whole shower was when the women laid hands on me and prayed over me, the baby, and Chad. I am incredibly blessed to be surrounded by Godly women! I feel that I am lifted up and fully in God's hands. The words that were prayed over me truly sunk in and I felt filled with Christ. He will give me the strength to make it through the remainder of this pregnancy, labor and delivery, and motherhood. God is also with this baby and Chad! I also was blessed by a Blessing Book made by Kristen. All the women who attended not only signed the book, but wrote advice, prayers, and blessings...I will cherish it forever.

Cyndie was so gracious to offer her home for the shower...thanks Cyn. Kristen came up from Atlanta to help with the shower and to visit...what an amzing friend, thanks! My mom was wonderful at getting all the food together and planning. I can't thank my mom enough!

Oh and these pictures were taken by Melissa.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am so sorry I couldn't make it but I have some goodies for my great nephew to send down. Blessings from PA and LOVE YOU.

judy said...

Okay, you got me with the blessing prayer. Super cool & AWESOME!
Mom Burns