Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Very short road trip with my dad!

My dad's very close friend, Dan, and wife, Mary, are moving to Kansas City, Kansas. Well, Dan was going to drive his truck out and pull his wife's car on a trailer. My dad offered to go with him and fly back. This is what happened. However, Dan wasn't leaving from Charlotte he was leaving from Lake Lure which is about 2 hours west-ish. I drove my dad out on Friday morning to meet Dan.

My dad and I greatly enjoy road trips together. We are incredibly goofy and at some point get serious and have great heart to heart talks, too. We goofed around a ton and laughed a lot. We stopped at IHOP for breakfast (I, of course, had pancakes!). At IHOP we discussed life and books. We talked about some of the great authors: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and George McDonald. I am currently reading George McDonald's book, "At the back of the Norh Wind". I absolutely love McDonald's writing. He is quite possibly my favorite writer. He is actually one of Lewis and Tolkien's inspirations for their books. We had a great time.

We got back in the car and drove on to Lake Lure. We were almost there and we saw this metal sculpture of a giant mosquito! It was hilarious we both laughed really hard. So I stopped on the way home to take a picture with my cell phone. When I stopped I realized why it was there. It was an advertisement for a creative metal working complany. If I wanted or ever do for some odd reason want a metal sculpture I will drive out and find them and have them make the sculpture, all because of that giant mosquito!

This next weekend is very busy...my close friend Kristen is coming, we have a Dr. appointment, a baby shower on Saturday, dinner out on Saturday night, and a Hospital tour on Sunday. I think it's great that they have these tours so that when I'm freaking out in pain we will know where to go and what to do!

0 comments: