Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Slightly Rebellious

I only have 13 days, including today, left at work. I work 3 days a week and my last day is September 18th. Then I have a time of rest before my new job kicks into high gear as a mom. Well, for now I have deal with my current job. It's not bad, I occasionally get the mean person calling in telling me to fix their problem right now, but I can deal with that. The thing that I can't deal with is that with my growing pregnant belly, my business casual maternity pants are no longer comfortable. My most comfy pants are either my pajama pants, not appropriate for work; no pants...REALLY not appropriate for work; or my maternity jeans! (And for those of you who are thinking why not a dress...come on it's me! I don't really wear dresses!) So today I opted for wearing my maternity jeans, even though it is not approved by the company to wear jeans to work unless its Friday (I don't work on Fridays).

I am letting my rebellious streak show through today. I'm curious to see if anyone will say anything about it. If they do they might get a response like "Well, I'm 5'1" and have a child that is over a fifth of my height in me and these are the most comfortable pants I have. If you'd like to pay for work appropriate pants that are as comfortable as my jeans that will be about $40!" or "Your options are: give me a raise, pay for $40 maternity pants, or let me wear my jeans for the 13 days of work I have left."

Ok, I'll probably be nicer than that, but you never know with these hormones!

1 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

I say...keep wearing your jeans! I remember running out of things to wear when I was teaching and pregnant with Mikayla. I always thought people were probably wondering why I was wearing the same outfit AGAIN! Best of luck in the last month before your sweet baby arrives!