Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

What the heck was that?!?

So, there I was just sitting at my desk looking outside wishing I was at home on the hammock (I'd have my dog sitting in the yard, a cup of tea, a good book, and an airsoft gun to shoot woodpeckers). However, I was at work waiting for the first phone call of the day...when all of a sudden...what was that odd feeling about an inch to an inch and half below my belly button? I sat there for while trying to figure out what it was! Then it hit me "could that be the baby moving?" I quickly called my mom, who confirmed that it was definitely possible! Then I went online to find out what other pregnant women described it as...all matching up so far! Then I asked a lady at work who has a few kids and she confirmed that it was most likely the baby moving! Now, I have never felt anything like it before and it was amazing. It was a weird twitching/fluttering/very soft thumping feeling! It would only last for 15-30 seconds at a time then would stop for 2-7 minutes and come back. This went on for a good one and a half hours. I know that this early on I might feel it again for a while, but I will always cherish that moment when I first felt our little baby move! God has truly made pregnancy an amazing thing! I know I won't enjoy labor...but I'm confident now that it will be totally worth it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

I swear I felt my baby move at 14 weeks- which is supposedly too early- but I know it was him! Someone told me that it is possible to feel the baby that early and if you do you just have a more sensitive uterus, haha.