Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Holy Crap!

So several times in the past few days I've sat down and really thought about the little life that is growing and moving inside me (even though I can't feel the baby yet). Here are some of thoughts and feelings...

*"Holy Crap! I'm going to be a mom in like 6 months" which was followed with an overwhelming feeling of being unprepared!

*It's ok if I don't feel ready right now, because God is in control and if He wants to be a mom in 6 months then He will make me ready!

*"Hmm...there is actually a tiny person inside me. It's slowly taking over my body!" This was quickly followed with being slightly creeped out and images from Alien, the movie, flickered across my mind.

*It is so amazing that God has made me to carry this baby while it's developing so that it can come out and grow up in a godly family! So cool!

*On the subject of labor/giving birth..."Umm no thanks, I don't want to!" in which Chad's response was something like "well you don't really have a choice and once the baby is out I can help take care of it too!" Oh ok, well I guess it will have to be done and thanks, Chad, you can certainly change all the diapers you'd like!

Pretty much all my random thoughts and freak out times end up in the fact that God is in control. And He did promise not to give us anything that we couldn't handle with Him on our side. So (deep breath) pregnancy, labor, and motherhood...Here I come leaning on God more than ever!

1 comments:

Patty said...

THINKING OF YOU ....praying for you.....love you