Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heaven

I've recently been being hit with "bad news". A good friend, Pat's dad passed away suddenly, then we found out that Chad's sister has a tumor (thankfully benign), then we got a call that Chad's cousin's husband has stage 4 cancer, and then yesterday we opened an email saying that 4 of our classmates from college were in an awful car accident and one of them, Ben, died (we know them all). All of this happened in about a week! I have been praying for all these things, but a part of me keeps asking "Ok, God what's coming next?" It just really seems like it all comes in waves...it's either a time of babies and weddings or disease and death! I'm definitely feeling a bit in shock, not too sure what to do other than pray. I feel like I should be doing more than that, but there's nothing else I can do.

God has been teaching me to trust and surrender to Him. He is in control, I know that. But like my mom says "It's the longest distance between your brain and your heart!" I pray that I will only continue to lean into his arms and that He will be there for those grieving and suffering.

Pat's dad and Ben are both hangin' in heaven now...I'm excited for that someday!

1 comments:

Patty said...

Charissa, so sorry for your losses. I was thinking about grief today, as I have a friend that is carrying a heavy burden of pain. It struck me that the only One to take that pain is Jesus, as we offer it to Him in the form of praise. Then he supernaturally speaks peace into our heart and lifts our load. I pray that for you, and for all your friends, too, who are experiencing grief.