Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Winners of the Caption Contest!

There are 3 winners...1 for the first picture and a tie for the second picture. These are all very close friends to me and my family!

For the first picture...KRISTEN! Here is the Picture and the Caption.
"If I had a purple crayon, I'd create my OWN world up in here!"

Why she won... well here's a picture of Harold from the book "Harold and the Purple Crayon"... notice the resemblance of Harold and Jacob above! I seriously to get this book...I love it and Jacob looks just like Harold! It's so funny!

A little about Kristen... I've known Kristen for something like 12 years (maybe 11). She is like a sister to me. She has been a steady friend. I miss her, but I'm glad that I'm only 4 hours from her now! She has cleaned my teeth...she's a dental hygienist. She is a true woman of God and has unwavering faith it's inspiring. Our favorite thing to do together other than talk is anything that requires creativity...recently it's been make earrings. I think Kristen is great and am extremely thankful and blessed to have her as a friend.


For the second picture is a tie...I just couldn't decide... RYAN and TRAVIS.

Here is the picture and their captions...
Ryan- "Somebody shaved my head while I was sleeping!"
Travis- "Awwww, crap... I think my diapers need a bailout..."

Ryan and Travis won simply because We thought these captions were very funny.

A little about Ryan: We met him in college. He was a freshman on Chad's floor our Junior year . Later, he ended living in our yellow house in Newberg. Actually, he was our first housemate (we rented out/opened up our extra rooms to friends). We did a lot with Ryan while he lived with us...went to Costco a lot, went to the zoo, went to an Ansel Adams exhibit. He then moved to South Korea to teach English. He is still there teaching and loving it. He takes amazing pictures of his travels. We webcam with him when we can and miss him a ton. He is our photographing, motorcycle riding friend.

A little about Travis: We met Travis the same way in the same place as Ryan. He also ended up living with us in the yellow house in Newberg. He lived with us longer than Ryan. We played an amazing amount of games with him and his girlfriend (now she's his wife). I was in his wedding and Chad did the video for the wedding. They are now in Colorado and are going to grad school. He is a SuperChemist! He and his wife are very close friends of ours and we seriously miss them! We have fond memories of games and candy with them...particularly AirHeads. We wish we lived closer and can't wait to have them visit. He is our white and nerdy friend! haha!

There were so many great captions. All of them were creative. Thank you so much for the captions maybe we will have new pictures and have another contest!

3 comments:

kristen said...

Yay! I won! I'm so excited...and yes, you have to get that book, it was the first thing that popped into my head and then the resemblance was just too uncanny! Love you guys so much! Thanks for pickin' me! Did I win a trip home to Charlotte?

Unknown said...

YEAH! Winners get an all-expense paid trip to visit the Burnses! When can I cash in my prize? ;)

Seriously, I can't wait to meet Jake in person! Maybe sometime this spring/summer...

Glad you enjoyed my potty humor. :O)

ryan said...

awesome. thanks charissa! you are the bomb! (it's been so long since i heard that expression... i thought i should use it.)