Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The New Doctor

Just to let everyone know, my doctor's appointment yesterday went well. The doctor I saw was very nice and knowledgeable. Of course, I am still praying my original doctor's wife will be healed and he can be my doctor throughout the rest of this pregnancy, but if God has other plans then the new doctor will be good as well.

My son's heartbeat was strong and the doctor found it very easily. I am growing at the appropriate speed...they measure your fundal height (from the bottom of the uterus to the top) and I'm measuring normal.

There nothing I can do about the pain in my rib area, it's just my organs being smashed against my ribs and apparently is normal in short pregnant women. The doctor said "I don't know if you've noticed, but you're not 6'3"." I laughed and that made me like him more as a doctor since I can pretty stressed out at doctor's offices and laughing is the best way to get me calmed down.

My next appointment, in 3 weeks, is the glucose tolerance test for diabetes, which I'm not looking forward to since I haven't had sugar in over 8 years! This appointment is with the new doctor.

Right now I just can't wait to go on vacation to Oregon...we leave on thursday morning!

1 comments:

Zach said...

Being short, I know what you are talking about- the pain in your ribs. I had it too. He was jammed up right under my lungs/ribs and on top of my bladder. I remember asking my OB towards the end of my pregnancy 'Has the baby dropped yet?'. And she responded, 'for short women the baby never drops- he's as low and as high as he'll be all at the same time'. I guess meaning that he was taking up all available space, haha.