Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Delta Airlines...NO GOOD!

I will post about our vacation to Oregon later, but right now I'd like to share with you the craziness of our flight back!

First of all we got to the Portland Airport in plenty of time for our flight to find out that it was an hour late....we only had an hour layover in Atlanta, GA. So with that flight being delayed an hour that meant we were getting to Atlanta about the same time our next flight was going to leave. So we were geared up for a free night in a hotel. But then we got into Atlanta at around 10:30PM EST and found out that our flight to Charlotte was delayed until 1AM! So we went and found a place to eat and hung out a little and got to the gate 45 minutes before the flight was scheduled to leave...just to find out it was canceled! So we went to the ticketing and check in to talk to a delta employee and found a mob-like line of 200+ people at the ticketing counter! We waited in line for a little while ust to hear an announcement that there were no more available hotels and to come back in the morning for the scheduled flight!

Apparently we were scheduled on another flight in the morning. However, not trusting Delta at all, we tried to see if we had a reservation at the kiosk and it found no reservation! We had no hope in actually getting on that flight in the morning and being in the beginning of my 7th month of pregnancy and it being 2AM I was not doing well!

We called my friend Kristen who lives in the Atlanta area and she picked us up...what an amazing friend! Of course there still was the issue of getting home to Charlotte. And we had to be home by 3:30PM for our house closing...lots of important documents to sign! My mom came down to Atlanta and picked us up in the morning and we made it to the lawyers office for the closing just in time! We then went to the airport and got our luggage.

Now we have to contact Delta and get something out of them! I greatly dislike Delta right now. Chad and I both missed an extra day at work so we lost pay and I am not feeling well and still need to recuperate!

So if Delta tries to give us flight vouchers I'm not going to be happy because I don't want to fly with them again...I'm hoping for free hotel nights. Of course if we do get flight vouchers I will use them.

Oh and we are moving tomorrow!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Wow, you had quite an ....adventure? Let us know when you are settled in the new place. Hope all is well!! Love you

Shari said...

This isn't the first time I've heard this about Delta Airlines. They stink. Make sure they compensate you in some way. Although, I'm not sure a free flight would be a good idea since you'd likely just end up stranded somewhere else!