Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cousin Heidi's Craft Thing!

craft challenge

Every month Heidi, Chad's cousin, has a thing on her blog where she challenges her readers to a craft using a certain item. I have been wanting to join in, but with a baby it hasn't happened until now. I just happened to already have something for this month's theme "ribbons".

In decorating Jacob's room, I realized that I had nothing to go above the changing table. And I also realized how sad it was going to be to box up the clothes that he grows out of. So I took some ribbon, 2 nails, and some clothes pins and put this above the changing table.
The great thing is that I can change which clothes are up there. So around the holidays I can pull out any of his holiday outfits and hang them up. It's fun to be able to look at how little he was once and to be able to "redecorate" a little.

10 comments:

The Masked Mommy said...

Cute! Ribbon and clothes pins are just a popular combination today, aren't they? :-)

Heidi Boos said...

Charissa, It was so fun to see your name on the list!! I'm so glad you decided to join in the fun!

What a creative way to display some of the cute clothes that he grows out of and to make a little added extra decor in his room. A good ribbon can go a long way! ;)

Happy Thursday and give that sweet baby of yours a big old smooch from me!!

Unknown said...

How fun and creative!

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! I agree, it is fun to look at their itty bitty clothes!

Carly said...

This is too darling! Thanks for sharing!

Tanielle said...

That is a really cute idea!!! Love it!

Amy said...

That is a awesome idea. I like this. Come on by tomorrow for my Round Robin Event if you would like.

Mama King said...

Cute!

Xazmin said...

That is so tinkin' adorable! What a cute idea!

Kelli W said...

That is such a great idea!! I bagged up some of my little guys clothes the other day, and it was a little sad!! Especially since they are probably going to goodwill because he is probably out last little guy!!