Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Face lift, Thanksgiving, and a lot of family!

Yep I decided to change this blog a bit! I believe that all good parents are superheroes! Chad and I are constantly being "helped" by our sidekicks. Jake and Morgan are always making us smile and laugh. Jake has shown us love and how to love. Morgan is our loyal protector! But we have to rescue them as well! They both need us for food, and love. Morgan needs to be let outside and Jake needs his diaper changed. Morgan needs to be petted, Jake needs to be held. They both need us for baths! It is a joy to be this kind of superhero!

Well, our thanksgiving was actually on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Chad's parents, sister, and brother-in-law all came to our house on Friday, Nov. 28th. Jake was 1 month old that day! It the first time seeing them since Jake was born. I'm so glad that Jake got to meet his Nana and Grandpa and Aunt Angie and Uncle Jeremy! He was loved and held so much!

Here's a few things we did. We went to few restaurants (Li's chinese and The Olive Garden). We went to the mall. We played some games. We went to church and Jake, Chad, and I were dedicated. They do family dedications at our church rather than just baby dedications, because the parents need help and prayer too! We relaxed and Chad and I got quite a bit of sleep.

It was very sad and hard to see them go. There were tears shed. We just hope to see them again soon. We love them so much! (I will post pictures as soon as I get them)

The day after they all left, my Aunt Patty and cousin Beth came in for the weekend. We went out to lunch a few times and started watching the first season of Everwood and I'm fully hooked now! We went to the NoDa (North Davidson) district in Charlotte which has art galleries and funky shops. We had a blast all us girls and Jake. It was also sad to see them go, but my mom, Jake, and I will be going up to Pittsburgh in March to see them again!

Here are a few recent pictures: (some were taken with my phone so they are kinda blurry)
Chad feeding Jake at the mall!

Morgan and Jake taking a nap.

Jake at Panera saying 'hi'.

My mom, Me, Jake in the sling, Aunt Patty, and Beth at a vintage shop in NoDa. So much fun with hats! (Aunt Patty looks good in hers...the rest of us?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Da da da DAAAA! (Superhero trumpet blast...) I like the new theme! Sounds like you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving, too!

ryan said...

that spit bib is hilarious!! he's so wise for one so young...

"spit happens."

B.W. said...

why didnt patty buy that hat???

oh yeah... bc she was still fuming about the shirt i wanted to buy jer but didnt even understand the dirtiness of it until i got back to your house.....