Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Silly

So my mom got this quote on her quote of the day from her iGoogle page. "Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again." by Mike Myers. Mike Myers is an actor in one of my family's favorite movies "So I Married An Axe Murderer". If you haven't seen it, you should, it's hilarious!
Anyway, I was thinking about this quote. It is quite true, at least in the Grubbs family (my maiden name is Grubbs). We have serious times and talk about God, taxes, and life. However, at the heart of most time spent together is pure silliness! Frequently our serious conversations turn into silliness. And I love talking about God and frequently those conversations are very happy! I don't like talking about money and taxes and such. I sometimes like talking about life, depending on what part of life is being discussed. But the times that I get to be truly myself are the times with my family that are filled with laughter to the point of tears (mom usually snorts at this point).
My closest friends probably have had only a small glance into the real me, but my brother, parents, and husband have seen the truest form of me and I am completely ridiculously silly.
I think that God made us all silly because He enjoys seeing us joyful. Even now I am holding back laughter just thinking about laughing with my family! I think that God laughs right along with us. God didn't give us the giggles for nothing. He gave us the giggles for us to remember who God really is. He is a God of love, hope, and joy!
God wants us to enjoy His creation. Part of His creation is our ability to be silly and laugh and be creative.
So go and laugh...even if it brings you tears. Laugh! Even if it makes you look silly ('cause you probably are!).

4 comments:

Carol Grubbs said...

i love the laughter, just need to curb that snorting thing! Okay, maybe not, after all it is part of what makes me silly.

Patty said...

LAUGHING IS THE BEST. It's my favorite pasttime! Here's to more snorting in the future!!

kristen said...

If you're not going to SNORT....why laugh.....makes me think of Beth....i miss the Grubbs and I DO know their silliness! Three cheers to more silliness (sounds a little veggie talish eh?) love ya - great blog!!

E said...

I agree Charissa. And I do think my natural state is silly. It's genetic, I'm pretty sure.

I love you guys!
--Liz