Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The title

I read my friend Kristen's blog. Then I was sitting here, reading "Your God is Too Small" by JB Phillips, and I started thinking. Then I realized I had no one to share my thoughts with. I know I can share them with friends and my husband and my parents. However, none of them are here with me now and by the time I see them my thoughts will be lost in the whirlwind we call life. So I decided that Kristen was smart having a blog and maybe I should follow in her wise ways.
I went to set this blog up and got stuck at the title. I usually can create titles, usernames, etc. for other people, but tend to get stuck when its for me. I called my dad, he always has ideas. He said, "The Lampshade". I paused, confused. He then explained it to me and I thought it was just what I wanted to convey.
Basically, as a Christian I believe that I am called to shine Christ to others. I should be an unshaded lamp, shining so bright that no one can miss it! However, I'm human and the stuff of my life shades that lamp. This blog will have all kinds of posts...posts about Chad, my husband, and my life; spiritual things; probably some frivolous stuff too.
I don't intend on accomplishing anything with this blog. I just want to put things down and hear what others have to say. And maybe to keep friends kept up on my life.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Love your layout...and I love you...thank you for being my sister....I will keep posted!! Blog on sister!!

steve-o said...

morgan is gonna feel left out if you don't blog about her, too.