Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Rain

It has been raining here in the Charlotte, NC area for the past few days. I like the rain! I don't think that too many people can say that. And that is probably why I survived 4 years in the Portland area of Oregon where it rains 6-9 months of the year.
First of all we need the rain here. We have been on water restrictions and the grass has been brown for a long time. I am thankful that God is providing the rain for this area.
Secondly, the fall rain has come to mean so much to me. In Oregon the rain starts between mid September and early October. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the drop in temperature and the leaves. The rain brings memories of my fall times in Oregon where my husband, Chad, and I would go to a corn maze with friends and pick out a pumpkin. And once the rain started I knew that Thanksgiving and Christmas were just around the corner! The holidays have always a wonderful time for me. I've always been happy and excited to decorate the house and spend time with friends and family! There's nothing like hot chocolate, a big blanket, friends or family, and a good movie (or game).
One of the knew fall tradition that has started since Chad and I have moved back is sitting outside in the evening in front of the fire...I mentioned this in my last post, "The Father". This has been a good relaxing time with my family.
This rain has been a blessing for this part of the earth and for my spirit! Even though I am not in rainy Oregon I love the memories and look forward to new ones. I simply love the feeling I get each year when the fall season hits. Most people look forward to the summer...but I truly look forward to the fall. I'd say that the fall brings me warm-fuzzies!
I am so thankful for this time of year! God is truly amazing!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I rejoice that I can share this fall close to you and be blessed by all that you enjoy in it. This to me is the body of Christ, seeing what joy (and yes, sorrow) God is allowing in each of our lives and then walking along side our brothers and sisters, and sharing in their joys (and yes, sorrows, too).