Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Creation

I told Kristen, my friend, that I was waiting on inspiration for my next blog. Well, I had a little conversation with my mom while playing a game that I found blog worthy!

I was eating a Satsuma, or Clementine, or tiny orange like citrus fruit, whatever you want to call them. Then our conversation went something like this...
Me: "God did a good job of putting this (a satsuma piece) into neat little packages!"
Mom: "And they are so easy to peel and no seeds!"
Me: "Yeah, God did a good job on these (Satsumas)"
Mom: "God gets an A+ on this one!"
Me: "I think God just looked down and giggled at our conversation!"
Mom: "Oh I think he does that a lot. He probably thinks 'I made silly people'."

I really do think that God looks down and delights in His children. I bet He was happy that mom and I were finding His creation so perfect and enjoyable. I need to remember that God created the world for us to enjoy and live in. He loves us more than I can imagine. I hope that I have more conversation like the one above and often.

I tend to have a pessimistic outlook, I need to commune with God more and search for the little joys that God has given me...like Satsumas!

2 comments:

Carol Grubbs said...

I am eating one right now...our God is so awesome...i don't ever want to doubt Him and His amazingness again. Likely I will though, so it is great to have brothers and sisters in the Lord who will always be there to remind how amazing our God is.

ryan said...

which reminds me of a song written by the beebe men...

"Put your robe on and grab a satsuma...put your robe on and grab a satsuma... put your robe on and grab a satsuma because you're Jarvel man!"